We will always keep you up-to-date about the performance of the Janet network.
Monitoring over 1200 connections for over 850 Customers, Jiscom provides you with insight into your network and/or connections showing you their status and performance.
Network/Connections are proactively monitored by our Network Operations Centre (NOC) to ensure that they are performing in accordance with their SLA, which can vary from business hours only to 24x7x365 according to need.
In the event of service degradation or failure, an alert is raised at our Service Desk in Harwell and the NOCs in London and Manchester. The Service Desk and NOC teams create an incident ticket, investigate the alert and carry out remedial actions as required.
These actions include escalating the incident to a 3rd party circuit supplier if necessary, assisting the customer with a local problem or dispatching a field engineer, with a spare part, to a PoP, switching node or other infrastructure location to replace faulty equipment.
In addition to the automated monitoring provided, customers also have free access to the Jiscom Netsight monitoring portal that can be used to quickly establish the traffic light status of the Jiscom backbone and regional networks plus individual PoP and customer connections.
Incidents can be proactively detected via our network monitoring or by customers raising incidents reports with the Service Desk, by phone or by email at any time.
- Freely accessible for all users of the Janet network
- Access your performance data through a single user interface
- Traffic light coding for connection statuses
- Configurable performance monitoring
- Graph annotation feature
- Illustration options for plotted data
- Access to online network monitoring tool
- Store data for up to two years
- Create reusable graphs of any dataset you can access
- Crete network maps for defined regional and local areas
- Through our dedicated issues reporting page and our major incident social twitter feed, we’ll make sure you know about any network issues. You’ll be able to contact the Janet service desk whenever you need to and as soon as you are connected to the Janet network you’ll be allocated a designated fault reporting route.